Exploring our article on ‘How to get Passport Online in Pakistan’ unveils a user-friendly process. Grow More Career From accessing our official portal to selecting the delivery option, our step-by-step guide ensures clarity. Home Delivery, catering to Islamabad and Rawalpindi residents, adds convenience. Additional tips, such as maintaining a stable internet connection and keeping application details accessible, enhance the overall user experience. We, at GMC, go beyond procedural guidance, instilling confidence for a seamless online passport application in Pakistan.
Read More: How to earn money from fiver
How to Apply for a Passport Online in Pakistan
Getting a passport online in Pakistan is a straightforward process. Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you navigate the application:
1. Visit the Online MRP Portal:
Access the official portal for Machine Readable Passport applications: https://onlinemrp.dgip.gov.pk/
2. Register or Login:
If you’re new, click “Register” and provide your CNIC or NICOP details to create an account. For existing users, log in with your username and password.
3. Select Application Category:
Choose the appropriate category for your application, such as new passport, renewal, or lost passport.
4. Provide Personal Information:
Enter accurate personal details, including full name, CNIC/NICOP number, date of birth, address, and contact information.
5. Upload Documents:
Scan and upload necessary documents like CNIC/NICOP copy, recent photograph, and previous passport (if applicable) following the specified guidelines.
6. Choose Delivery Option:
For residents of Islamabad and Rawalpindi, Home Delivery is available. If you’re in these cities, select “Home Delivery” and provide your address. Otherwise, choose “Collection from Passport Office” and select your preferred office location.
7. Pay the Fees:
Proceed to payment after confirming all information. Online payment options include credit/debit cards (Visa/Mastercard only).
8. Data Capturing:
After successful payment, visit a designated service center (mentioned on the website) within 48 hours for biometric data capture, including fingerprints and a photograph.
9. Track Your Application:
Use your application number or CNIC/NICOP to track your application status in the “Track Application” section of the online portal.
10. Collection or Delivery:
If you chose Home Delivery, your passport will be delivered within 3-5 working days after processing. Otherwise, collect your passport from the selected passport office upon receiving a “Ready for Collection” notification.
- Ensure a stable internet connection throughout the process.
- Double-check all information before submitting the application.
- Keep your application number and CNIC/NICOP handy for tracking and future reference.
- For assistance, contact the DGI&P helpline at +92-51-111-344-777.
Now I will tell About MRP Passport, types and tracking system.
A Machine Readable Passport (MRP) is a passport equipped with a chip containing encoded biographical information, facilitating swift processing at border crossings through electronic scanners. Widely adopted since the 1980s, MRPs have become the standard in passport issuance globally, offering heightened security compared to older versions due to the embedded chip, making counterfeiting more challenging.
In addition to the embedded chip, MRPs boast additional security features like holograms, watermarks, and specialized printing techniques, fortifying the document against tampering. To ensure a hassle-free international travel experience, it’s crucial to maintain an up-to-date passport, and obtaining a new MRP passport can be done through your local passport office.
Benefits of MRP Passport
- Expedited processing times at border crossings.
- Enhanced security features safeguarding against unauthorized alterations.
- Increased difficulty for counterfeiters to replicate the document.
- Compatibility with electronic gates at select airports, further streamlining travel procedures.
Choosing an MRP passport offers a secure and convenient solution for international travel, aligning with modern standards for efficiency and protection.
Types Of MRP Passport
There are two primary categories of MRP passports:
- Ordinary Passport: This is the most prevalent passport type, issued to citizens for general travel purposes. It usually remains valid for either 5 or 10 years.
- Official Passport: Reserved for government officials and employees on official business, this passport type typically holds a validity of 5 years.
While there are a few other MRP passport types, such as diplomatic passports and emergency travel documents, these are less commonly encountered.
The selection of the appropriate MRP passport depends on the nature of your travel. If you are uncertain about the specific type of passport you require, you can reach out to your nearest passport office for detailed information and guidance.
Validity of MRP Passport
The validity of an MRP passport is determined by two primary factors: the age of the applicant and the selected fee tier.
Validity Based on Applicant Age
- Adults (15 years and above): Can opt for a 5-year or 10-year validity period.
- Minors (below 15 years): Only receive MRP passports with a 5-year validity period.
Validity Based on Fee Tier
- Normal Fee: Applicable to both 5-year and 10-year validity periods.
- Urgent Fee: This fee tier expedites processing but does not impact the chosen validity period.
Consequently, the available validity periods for an MRP passport are:
- 5 years: Applicable to minors and adults opting for the normal fee for either validity period.
- 10 years: Available for adults selecting the normal fee for the 10-year validity period.
The following table provides a concise summary of the validity options:
|Minor (below 15 years)
|Adult (15 years and above)
|5 years or 10 years
|Adult (15 years and above)
|5 years or 10 years
Duration of Normal MRP Passposrt
The validity period of a standard Machine Readable Passport (MRP) in Pakistan determines its duration, offering two choices:
- 5 years: This is the predominant validity period for ordinary passports issued to adults. Children below 15 years can only obtain passports with a 5-year validity.
- 10 years: Available to adults at an increased fee.
Consequently, the standard MRP passport’s duration will be either 5 or 10 years, contingent on the chosen validity period and the applicant’s age.
Additional considerations include
- Irrespective of the selected validity period, the processing time for a regular MRP passport in Pakistan typically spans 21 working days.
- Passport renewal is possible before expiration, and there is no obligation to wait for the entire validity period to conclude.
- Urgent processing options exist for both 5 and 10-year validity passports, featuring expedited processing times at higher fees.
This information aims to clarify the duration options for standard MRP passports in Pakistan. Should you have further inquiries, please feel free to post a Comment at our site Grow More Career GMC!
Duration of Urgent Passport
The expedited processing time for an Urgent MRP Passport in Pakistan is 5 working days. This implies that your passport will be issued and ready for collection within five days of submitting your application, provided all necessary requirements are met.
Below is a breakdown of processing times for various types of MRP Passports in Pakistan:
- Ordinary Passport: 10 working days
- Urgent Passport: 5 working days
- Fast Track Passport: 2 working days (available exclusively for renewals in select major cities)
It’s essential to recognize that these processing times are estimations, and the actual duration may fluctuate due to factors like workload at the passport office and unforeseen delays.
Consider the following points when applying for an Urgent MRP Passport:
- An additional fee is required for urgent processing, and the amount varies based on the passport’s validity period (5 years or 10 years) and the number of pages (36, 72, or 100).
- All necessary documents, including proof of identity, proof of address, and two passport-sized photographs, must be provided for the passport application.
- Depending on individual circumstances, an interview at the passport office may be necessary.
Opting for an Urgent MRP Passport is the ideal choice if you require swift processing. However, it’s crucial to account for the supplementary fee and potential delays before finalizing your decision.
Fee for the 5 years Normal and Urgent Passport
Fee for the 10 years Normal and urgent Passport
Now I will Tell You How to Track Passport via SMS or Online!
Track Passport via SMS
The steps to track your passport via SMS vary depending on the country of application. However, I can offer general guidelines along with specific examples:
- Check SMS Tracking Availability: Verify if the country provides SMS tracking for passports. Contact the relevant government agency or passport office to confirm the availability of this service for your application.
- Provide a Valid Mobile Number: Ensure you have supplied a valid mobile number during the application process for notification purposes. If not, update your application or contact the office to include your mobile number.
- Locate Your Tracking Reference: Identify a unique identifier associated with your application, such as a file number, token number, or reference number. This information may be on your application receipt, confirmation email, or another document related to your application.
- Compose Your SMS: The SMS format may vary by country. Examples include:
- Pakistan: Send your 11-digit token number to 9988.
- India: Send “STATUS ” to 9704 100 100.
- United States: While there is no national SMS tracking system, check the specific website or app of the agency you applied to (e.g., Department of State) for potential tracking options.
- Pakistan: As mentioned, send your 11-digit token number to 9988 via SMS for updates on your passport application status.
- India: Send “STATUS ” to 9704 100 100, replacing
<file number>with the actual file number from your application documents. Receive a reply SMS with the current status.
Remember these Points
- Save SMS History: Retain SMS notifications received about your passport application status for future reference.
- Check the Official Website: Most countries offer online tracking systems in addition to SMS. Visit the official website of the relevant government agency or passport office for more information and updates.
- Contact the Passport Office: If you encounter issues with SMS tracking or have questions about your application, directly contact the passport office for assistance.
Remember, these are general guidelines, and specific instructions may vary by country. Always refer to official sources for the most current information.
I hope this information proves helpful. Feel free to ask if you have any further questions.
Track Passport Online
The steps to track your passport online vary based on the country that issued your passport. Here are general steps that may be applicable to your situation:
- Visit the official website of your country’s passport issuing authority. This is typically the government agency responsible for passport issuance. For instance, in the United States, you would navigate to the website of the U.S. Department of State.
- Find the passport tracking page. Once on the official website, look for a link or section labeled “Track Passport Status” or “Application Status.”
- Enter your tracking information. Input your passport application number, file number, or any other unique identifier assigned to your application. This information might have been provided in an email or confirmation receipt upon application submission.
- Submit your request. After entering your tracking information, click the submit button.
- View your passport status. Your passport status, such as “In process,” “Approved,” “Printed,” or “Shipped,” will be displayed on the screen. If your passport has been shipped, the tracking number for the shipment will also be visible.
Additional tips for tracking your passport online
- Ensure a valid email address and phone number on file. This enables the passport issuing authority to send updates about your passport status.
- Practice patience. Passport processing and shipping may take several weeks.
- Contact your passport issuing authority for questions. If you have any inquiries or need assistance in tracking your passport, reach out to the passport issuing authority for guidance.
I trust this information is helpful. Feel free to post a comment at GMC if you have any further questions.
Home Delivery of Passport Service in Islamabad and Rawalpindi
As of December 19, 2023, the Home Delivery of Passport service is currently available as a pilot project in the twin cities of Islamabad and Rawalpindi only. This service offers the convenience of having your newly applied Machine Readable Passport (MRP) delivered to your doorstep after processing, eliminating the need to collect it from the passport office.
How the Process Works:
- Apply for your MRP online: Visit the online portal of the Directorate General of Immigration & Passports (DGI&P) at https://onlinemrp.dgip.gov.pk/ and electronically complete your MRP application.
- Choose Home Delivery during application: When prompted for delivery options, select “Home Delivery” and provide your complete address.
- Pay the fees and complete data capturing: Upon application submission, pay the applicable fees and complete the data capturing process at a designated service center.
- Wait for processing: The DGI&P will process your application and print your passport.
- Delivery within 3-5 working days: Once your passport is ready, a courier service will deliver it to your chosen address within 3-5 working days.
Important Points to Remember:
- The Home Delivery service is currently exclusive to new MRP applications in Islamabad and Rawalpindi.
- An additional fee for Home Delivery may apply.
- Address verification requires a valid CNIC or NICOP.
- Ensure someone is available at your address during working hours to receive the delivery.
- DGI&P website: https://dgip.gov.pk/
- Online MRP Portal: https://onlinemrp.dgip.gov.pk/
- DGI&P Helpline: +92-51-111-344-777
GMC is confident that the information on obtaining a passport online in Pakistan has proven both helpful and informative. If you have insights to add or any questions, please feel free to share in the comments. Your input is valuable, not only to us but to others seeking information. We appreciate your attention and feedback on the provided information and updates. Wishing you the best of luck in your career, wherever you may be in the world. Grow More Career further with GMC!